We are looking for a focused and reliable candidate to join our Kyiv Finance team as a Finance Assistant. Your tasks will vary and be rotated around the team as the company grows and reporting requirements change. Below is a list of key deliverables that the Kyiv Finance team currently provide and that ideally your skill set, or dream job will have some aspects of:
- Ensuring our purchase invoices are processed timely and accurately, discrepancies are followed up and actioned;
- Setting up payment runs for approval;
- Confirm that employee expenses are processed timely and are paid timely;
- To become a super-user on our procurement system. Resolve team queries when using the system, flag further process improvements required to be programmed in the system and assist in testing updates.
Month end process
- You will be key in ensuring that bank reconciliations are kept up to date;
- Completing other balance sheet reconciliations, following up on variances in a timely way.
- Journal posting
- Join meetings with key budget holders across the business (London, New York, Kyiv) to understand their operations, understand their monthly numbers and to assist with any finance queries they may have.
- Ensure support for the statutory audit.
This is a great chance to be involved in a young and fast growing company and become a valuable part of the Finance team which spans both the Ukraine and the UK. This role will be expected to evolve during your career. As with your colleagues, this role will report directly to the Head of Finance in the UK.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with internal and external parties to resolve queries
- Planning and time management skills
- Integrity and discretion
- Good undergraduate-level degree (or higher), ideally in an accounting or numerical discipline
- Experience of accounting / financial software (ideally MS Dynamic Navision) or enjoys picking up and using new computer software
- Reliable, confident and able to work in a team or with your own initiative and with limited supervision
What we're offering:
- Competitive base salary and additional employee benefits such as private medical insurance
- To join a fantastic team and close-knit team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals in Kyiv who will support you at every stage of your journey as well as daily communication with the team in London.
- The opportunity to improve your professional (and informal!) English-language skills by communicating with our London office on a daily basis
- The opportunity to become an expert user of our globally recognised and utilised accountancy software: MS Navision
- The opportunity to develop and grow the role as our wider team expands.
- To be part of a fun, fantastic organisation that is at the forefront of the global craft market using the latest technology to bring communities together!
- Full-time, 40 hours a week
- Location: Kyiv