Meet Cleo 💙
Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 2,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla.
Watch this to dive a little deeper
The Team ☀️
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 50, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 2,000,000 users. We are building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months. We’re 5 for 5 on Glassdoor, and we’re all based in Angel, just off Exmouth Market.
Check out our office space here
The Role 🚀
Come and be part of a scaling Customer Operations team at Cleo! As we grow, the Customer Ops team continue to find new and interesting problems to solve, and strategies to implement. In order to deliver value to our users and to continue to improve the Cleo product, we are scaling our Customer Operations team at pace.
Our mission is to build a world class Customer Operations team where we can effectively and efficiently solve all customer queries with speed and ease. In parallel, our focus is to utilise our user insights to drive new features and increase the number of Cleo users. This will feed crucial learnings into Engineering, Design & Product teams, ensuring we champion the customer voice across the business. To do this we are looking for highly-ambitious and proactive individuals.
A flavour of what you’ll be doing:
- Over the next 3-6 months the Customer Operations team will double in size. Operationally, this brings challenges and exciting opportunities for our team: key Operations projects, the task of scaling, implementing new processes, building-out new training materials and much more
- Therefore, there will be plenty of opportunity to pitch new ideas, thoughts and add value to Cleo from the get-go. You could be involved in creating innovative new strategies for onboarding, updating Cleo Customer knowledge bases with technical and product expertise, or arranging collaboration opportunities for our sub-teams
- Interacting with our community of users is essential to getting an understanding of the real world challenges they are facing as they go through their Cleo journey
- We are passionate about ensuring our users' voices are heard and communicated to the various Cleo teams and squads. Your role will involve identifying customer themes and trends which require development. This could see you leading an exciting range of projects including educating our users in our Help Center, NLP work, live chat within the product, or managing customer third-party policies and processes
- You will build strong relationships with Engineering teams by regularly communicating customer challenges in order to improve user experience and product performance. You will specifically work with our developers to improve internal tools, so that our team can solve user issues more efficiently
- Product and Design teams will benefit from the insights you draw from customer feedback to directly improve our premium product
- Cleo is a scaling start up - new and exciting challenges arise each day so projects and responsibilities will evolve with the role as your career and Cleo grows. Whatever you do, you’ll have the chance to make an immediate impact on Cleo’s success
Our Checklist 🔥
- You are an organised individual who is capable of prioritising effectively
- You love working with other people and communicating new ideas and expressing opinions
- You are passionate or interested in technology, startups, customers, or operations
- You have a customer-centric mindset
- You can provide evidence of flexibility and how you've adapted in changing environments
- You can provide evidence of taking initiative and delivering outcomes above and beyond expectations
- If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch anyway if you have the passion and energy for startups, fintech and customer success!
- We are looking for an individual who is ready for a challenge, perhaps looking for a career change but able to demonstrate excellent communication, resilience when things get tough, driven to succeed and learn how a startup really scales but most importantly demonstrates genuine passion for Cleo!
- 1+ years work experience
- You might come from a customer oriented background, perhaps you've worked in sales, at a recruitment agency, in the startup or technology space, or have completed a graduate programme and are looking for something different!
How Long Will This Process Take? 🦄
We don't like to hang around and are excited to get you started by November. You'll get an idea of what to expect below.
- A quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Onsite interview
Cleo is an excellent place to work 💯
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone