In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 40, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,500,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months. You’ll take the lead in driving our forward-thinking, engaged and ambitious team forward, globally
You’ll contribute to a current team of 4 data scientists, backed by some incredible engineers and reporting directly to the CEO
This position is essential in the expansion of both product and business. We are highly data driven, whether that be understanding natural language, deriving insights from financial data or determining financial product is best suited to a user. We have interesting problems to solve on an ever-increasing scale
What do we look for?
- At least 4 years of experience in Data Science or related roles
- Confidence in applying machine learning methods such as; regression, classification and unsupervised learning
- Ability to write production quality code in Python and R
- Natural curiosity, creativity and the self-motivation to get things done
- A desire to want to explore the intricate data we get from our users and build features that solve their problems
- Ideally some knowledge of natural language understanding methods or potentially a PhD which included machine learning but not a problem if you haven't
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take home challenge
- Onsite interview
- Discuss your take home test with the team
- Meet some of the wider team
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone