ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
ABOUT LIQUIDITY RISK
Liquidity Risk is the independent risk management function responsible for identifying, quantifying, and managing Revolut’s liquidity risk. The team operates as a second line of defence and is responsible for ensuring that global risks and controls are properly managed by first line businesses. We work closely with Treasury, Finance, Operations, Technology, and the broader Risk organization to independently assess and oversee risk taking activities.
Core functions include:
• Development, implementation, and governance of liquidity stress models
• Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory stress measures and related reporting
• Management of risk appetite through limit calibration and monitoring
• Ongoing engagement with first line businesses to identify, monitor, and govern emerging liquidity risks, including new product risk assessmentsMaintenance of key policies, procedures, and controls
• Direct engagement with key stakeholders (CRO), committees (Board, ALCO), and regional regulators on material risk exposures and limit governance
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Lead a team of Liquidity Risk Managers covering key aspects of global Revolut operations
• Set standards for managing liquidity risk, including risk appetite, balance sheet management, funding plans, and impact assessments/responses to changes in liquidity risk regulations
• Develop risk management policies, limits, stress testing capabilities, analytics, system support, and reporting infrastructure
• Model liquidity risks under various stress scenarios with appropriate assumptions and calibrations
• Monitor Revolut liquidity risk exposures vs. established limits, investigate risk events, and produce related MI reports
• Establish strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business to enforce current risk management frameworks, identify emerging risks, and provide effective challenge
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 5+ years proven experience in Liquidity Risk or related discipline, ideally with at least 2 years in a leadership role (preferably in a global firm with centralised risk governance of subsidiaries)
•Strong understanding of various stress testing methodologies along with practical experience with model development, implementation, and governance
• Excellent understanding of global financial markets, products, and key liquidity risk drivers
• Strong knowledge of risk-related regulations, their application/impact in the banking industry
• Extensive knowledge and experience with balance sheet, income statement dynamics and liquidity risk issues and methodologies
• Ability to break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work using such tools as SQL, Python, and Excel/VBATechnical background, ideally with a degree in a quantitative discipline from a top university
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and drive change
• Strong interpersonal skills and English proficiency
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 8 million customers in October 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1400, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year