Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company, operating across more than 40 countries, with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the world’s top tech investors.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system. 🚀
How we work:
Our teams are split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product or platform. Your pod will include a product owner, back end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
Your role in a nutshell:
As an ambitious Technical Product Owner who is passionate about building ecosystems and tooling that make frontend teams happy, you'll be an integral part of a growing organisation that seeks to provide world-class service to our business globally, and work with cross-functional teams to help design, build and roll-out products and features that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Help influence and maintain a frontend platform roadmap based on our architectural goals
- Work with internal product teams to design and implement tooling and systems to facilitate their work
- Work with the data and/or UX teams to research, prototype, test and validate ideas around our design system, tooling and frontend architecture
- Work with the engineering team to translate your platform roadmap into detailed requirements
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of platform changes and recommend improvements
- Help facilitate increased productivity among our product teams by defining and optimising for key metrics
- Understand our product teams (your internal customers) through analysis, research and direct interaction
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis on design systems, tooling and frontend architecture
- Coordinate work between multiple teams across multiple countries
- Be available to the team to answer questions and provide clarity on decisions
You'll enjoy this role if you have:
- At least 5 years experience as a frontend engineer
- Ideally at least 1-2 years as a product owner, with a balance between both roles
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills
- The drive to achieve solutions through cooperation and collaboration
- A positive and friendly disposition, with a ‘can do’ attitude, because you'll be dealing with many stakeholders throughout the product, engineering, design and data and translation teams
- An interest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (highly advantageous given the work we do)
What else is in it for you:
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. This a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work towards scaling a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.