Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are seeking for a Senior Research Scientist, in the Data Science department of SOPHiA GENETICS in St. Sulpice, Switzerland. Candidates must have strong scientific writing experience in the field of genomics.
Key tasks and projects include:
You will be involved in various research projects within the company and help with the scientific writing of research work. You will be leading some of the research projects to advance our understanding of the impact of biomarkers on diseases or the different technical factors influencing the detection of biomarkers.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Proven experience to conduct independent research.
- Strong publication record in the field of genomics.
- Strong scientific writing skills.
- Extensive experience in high-throughput method development in genomics.
- Extensive experience with exploratory data analysis and visualization using either R or Python.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong background in cancer cell biology will be a plus.
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- A MacBook Pro Top Level & 27" Monitors
Starting date: ASAP
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.