Without good transport data, specifically public transport timetables and realtime information, the Citymapper app would not exist. Transport data powers our cutting edge multimodal journey planner - renowned in complex cities with complex transport networks.
We offer the opportunity to build essential information for millions of users - letting them know when the next bus is arriving, which trains are disrupted, and what time they should leave to get home.
What you’ll do
- Empower our city experts by building robust, reliable software for wrangling and debugging transport data
- Collaborate with the product, apps and routing teams to improve how transport data is represented
- Work on sophisticated challenges such as:
- Monitoring transport data quality and discovering new ways to improve it
- Finding novel ways to link disparate data from timetables, vehicle monitoring systems, users, and news sources
- Building tools that manage local incidents and communicate with users about transport issues
- Improve our processes for building, shipping and monitoring transport data
Fun projects we recently took on
- Travelled to the Paris suburbs to integrate an obscure realtime API
- Deployed a real time monitoring system to help commuters in Hong Kong navigate complex route diversions
- Built a model railway in SQL to better understand New York Subway timetables