Citymapper makes cities usable, helping people move through our urban spaces, getting people from A to B.
The Partners team is aggregating the hundreds of private transport services that have started appearing in our cities, and integrating them with the established public transport systems, to provide our users with a comprehensive tool to navigate their environment. The world of alternative transport is exploding: micro-rental bikes, e-bikes, scooters, and even mopeds and cars are now being provided around the world, transforming city mobility.
You will help Citymapper be the best aggregator of these different modes of transport, building the platform that will bring in data from hundreds of third-parties, make it simple to compare a dozen similar options, and give our users an efficient route through a chaotic world.
This role means trying to answer questions like:
- how can we build a platform that can deal with future new types of transport we’ve never seen before?
- how can we make sure we have appropriate metrics and alerts so we can maintain so many integrations easily?
- what should we do when a provider’s API goes down?
- how should we estimate pricing?
- how do we route kick scooters?
- how can we route bikes that can be ridden anywhere, but incur an extra fee when parked outside specific parking areas?
- how would you represent that information to the user?
Whether you are junior, senior, or Margaret Hamilton, you will:
- write Python 3 code and tests
- deploy and support your code on AWS
- support and be supported by an incredibly welcoming team
- design and implement features of all sizes, from a new company to integrate to a full integration with in-app booking.
- work side-by-side with talented software engineers, product designers, data scientists, and customer support operatives on a day-to-day basis
- learn and grow at a dizzying pace
- teach us how to be better
Ultimately we don’t have hard requirements beyond needing you to be smart, curious, and keen to get stuck in. However we are looking for candidates with some professional software engineering experience.
- Tech: Python 3, Go
- Tooling: GitHub, AWS, SQL, Linux
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity / stock options
- Working in a not-too-big, diverse engineering team
- Influence over the product that you and your friends use every day
- Working on something meaningful - help to make cities usable
- Opportunity to travel to our 40+ cities to help us make the app even better
- Perks like dinner every night and regular team events
- Support to find the next step in your career, whether it’s an incremental improvement or an ambitious leap forward
- Arcane public transport knowledge with which to dazzle your friends