Citymapper makes cities usable, helping people move through our urban spaces, getting people from A to B.
At less than a year old, Citymapper Pass is a natural next step for the world’s best transport app - solving ticketing. Urban mobility is changing and Pass offers a weekly subscription covering all modes of transport in a city; simplifying booking and payment across public and private transit.
You will help us build better user experiences around paying for your daily commute, scale and secure infrastructure for a growing user base, explore the byzantine charging patterns of TfL, and help expand Pass to a global audience.
This role means trying to answer questions like:
- what could be better about paying for the tube every day?
- how can we programmatically enforce a consistent transaction ledger?
- how do we make sure payments always succeed?
- can we drive a change in behaviour when the user is not in the app?
- what’s a sensible infrastructure where determinism is more important than latency?
- how do we ship quickly without compromising on reliability and predictability?
- is get-me-home green better than hot coral?
Whether you are junior, senior, or Margaret Hamilton, you will:
- write Python 3 code and tests
- deploy and support your code on AWS
- support and be supported by an incredibly welcoming team
- design and implement features of all sizes, from a blinking home screen indicator to a Payment Services Directive 2 compliant user authentication flow
- work side-by-side with talented software engineers, product designers, data scientists, and customer support operatives on a day-to-day basis
- learn and grow at a dizzying pace
- teach us how to be better
Ultimately we don’t have hard requirements beyond needing you to be smart, curious, and keen to get stuck in.
- Tech: Mostly Python 3, AWS Lambda, EC2 and RDS
- Tooling: GitHub, AWS, SQL, Linux
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity / stock options
- Working in a not-too-big, diverse engineering team
- Influence over the product that you and your friends use every day
- Working on something meaningful - help to make cities usable
- Opportunity to travel to our 40+ cities to help us make the app even better
- Perks like dinner every night and regular team events
- Support to find the next step in your career, whether it’s an incremental improvement or an ambitious leap forward
- Arcane public transport knowledge with which to dazzle your friends