We are looking for a pro-active and resourceful corporate or commercial lawyer to join our team. This is the opportunity to play a vital role within our experienced legal team and develop in-depth knowledge of the equity crowdfunding industry in one of the UK's leading FinTech startups.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 500,000 registered investors, and over 600 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
As Legal Counsel at Crowdcube, reporting into our General Counsel, you will have the opportunity to work on an array of corporate matters, commercial contracts and compliance matters. We are looking for a candidate with experience and knowledge of the many facets of company finance.
The role will be varied and will include among other things:
- Managing corporate documentation, including Articles of Association and Shareholder Agreements required by companies raising funding on the platform.
- Compliance matters, including the review of new products being launched on Crowdcube to ensure compliance with law and regulation.
- Commercial responsibilities, including contribution to the structure and documentation underlying Crowdcube’s international joint ventures.
- Preparing reports and delivering regular updates on the status of work.
- Taking ownership of key client relationships.
- This role could be based in either HQ in Exeter or our London Office in Spitalfields