The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we are upgrading the world of work to unleash the potential within and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars.
A bit about us:
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries
- We are Series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars since we’ve launched
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore
This role in a nutshell:
As a Technical Writer who is passionate about building products that customers understand, you'll be an integral part of a growing organisation that seeks to provide world-class service to our customers globally. You’ll work with cross-functional teams to create communication material for our products and features that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
You'll be part of Alex's team, meet him here.
Your mission will involve:
- Working within a cross-functional team to craft and regularly audit our troubleshooting, instructional and white-paper content
- Partnering with Engineers, Product Owners and various stakeholders to understand business goals and define content requirements
- Researching best practices around content management systems and proactively recommending improvements
- Collaborating with other content creators across Product, Marketing, Legal and Customer Success teams to shape the brand voice and ensure multi-channel consistency
- Reviewing data to understand customer behaviour and adapt messaging accordingly
- Reviewing all content with relevant stakeholders before publishing
- Auditing existing documentation and analysing developments to determine the need for revisions
The ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum 3 years' working experience in technical writing
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving complex documentation
- Effective planning, scheduling, researching, and writing skills
- The ability to present and defend your writing decisions
- Excitement for cryptocurrency and digital innovation in general
- Familiarity with content management systems, knowledge bases or Help Centres, and researching best practices
- Experience working in engineering or agile working spaces
Life at Luno 🚀
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - As a team member working outside of Cape Town, you'll be flown to Luno’s birth town annually to brainstorm and celebrate our successes.
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free online learning via Udemy, Harvard and other leading providers + share knowledge with your peers.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday.
- Generous maternity/paternity paid time off, and even paw-ternity leave for your furry friend.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.