ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be a part of the Crypto department at Revolut. Our mission is to create the easiest and safest place to trade, use and learn about cryptocurrencies. Our crypto product is very popular in the UK and Europe and we support buy and sell of 5 cryptocurrencies including BTC, LTC, BCH, ETH, and XRP. We offer a variety of product features including the ability to seamlessly exchange across 24 fiat and 5 cryptocurrencies, auto-exchange when the price hits a certain target, use your crypto balance to pay merchants when you use your Revolut card amongst many others. We have an exciting roadmap with the goal of establishing Revolut as the #1 crypto retail app in Europe and the UK, followed by all our key expansion territories. Given that Revolut plays an integral role in international cross-border payments, we think of crypto as serving a foundational role in this regard.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• You will lead regulatory compliance for the Crypto department with a global charter
• Partner with Product Owners in the Crypto department on making sure our product launches are compliant to AML/CFT regulations in the jurisdiction of launch
• You will be the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for staying on top of AML/CFT requirements for crypto brokerages and exchanges
• You will be the thought leader for coming up with Transaction Monitoring typologies to support our current and future product offerings
• You will research and keep up with state-of-the-art in AML investigations involving crypto
• You will be the key liaison to investigation teams at other crypto institutions to coordinate on AML investigations
• Partner with the Head of Crypto department as well as Global Head of Compliance Operations into building a stellar crypto investigations team
• Read technical docs, research regulations, manage risks, negotiate deals, or do whatever it takes to establish Revolut as the #1 retail crypto app
• You'll analyze, prioritize, optimize, and repeat
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• 10+ years of experience, with at least 2+ years of experience in the crypto industry
• Prior experience with hands-on crypto AML investigations is a must
• Deep understanding of the crypto industry, including connections to relevant partners in regulatory bodies and crypto exchanges
• Solid track record of achievement - e.g. you have worked in a top tech company or start-up, quickly assumed major responsibilities or won competitive awards (academic, professional, or sport)
• You can break complex problems into smaller logical ones and prioritize them with data
• You hustle, take ownership, and get things done
• You love solving problems
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.