ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Financial Crime Compliance Manager within our Tokyo office to build on our product expertise on AML/CTF, fraud and sanctions within Financial Crime Risk. This will relate to the existing services provided to users as well as those we intend to develop in the near future.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Proactively engaging with First line key stakeholders to advise on the design of systems, controls and risks pertaining to AML/CTF, fraud and sanctions.
• Escalating and providing feedback to identify AML/CTF, fraud and sanctions risks and issues to Senior management (including MLRO/Head of Financial Crime Risk) locally or globally.
• Dealing with escalations from the First line and providing practical advice on required actions
• Assisting senior management in defining group standards to managing Financial Crime risks monitoring, investigations and reporting processes and making sure that standards are applied across the board
• Providing input to design and execution of Financial Crime risks monitoring, investigations and reporting processes testing program
• Providing input to Financial Crime risk procedures and validating them
• Validating that systems and controls adequately address AML/CTF, fraud and sanctions risks
• Providing input to training materials for employees on AML/CTF, fraud and sanctions risks
• Tracking Financial Crime risks related regulatory changes and ensuring they are implemented to stay compliant
• Assisting in dealing with regulatory/partner inquiries on Financial Crime risks
• Promoting culture of compliance within the organisation
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• At least 3 years of practical experience in Anti-financial crime advisory roles within an FSA (Financial Service Agency; 金融庁) regulated financial services firm or regulator specializing in AML/CTF transaction monitoring, investigations and reporting
• Profound knowledge of Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds (犯罪による収益の移転防止に関する法律), FATF guidance or other international regulation
• Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant local compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices
• Ability to validate and provide assurance on Financial Crime risks monitoring, investigations and reporting
• Driving a compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
• Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
• Assisting to prepare the reports to senior management, the Board and escalating any key or high risk compliance issues within our existing governance structure
• You are an in-depth strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a large number of functional groups and be able to manage the business needs of Revolut.
• You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda.
• Professional qualification from an internationally recognized body would be a plus (e.g. ICA, ACAMS)
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 7 million customers in September 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners if you work late
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.