THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
All social reporting, research and insights to interpret data, translating it into actionable ideas and building stunning PowerPoint reports for weekly, monthly and yearly performance across all social media platforms to further support Social’s strategic, brand, and community initiatives.
Purpose of Role:
The Social Insights Manager will have a passion for uncovering and analysing impact, identifying trends, ear to the ground on new platforms, features and general social media marketing/topical opportunities for Lookfantastic.
The right person for this role is someone passionate about bringing the voice of the consumer to the boardroom and who is comfortable juggling multiple complex projects at once. The ideal candidate has experience across most of the following key areas: social media monitoring/listening, social media reporting, campaign evaluation and online competitive research.
The key requirement of this role is to work with the whole Social team, providing insights to help them make important social strategic decisions to boost the brand’s Social Media Strategy output. The individual will be analysing and interpreting data/insights and will use these findings to tell a narrative and provide actionable recommendations for the Social Team.
- Manage the complete process of planning and executing social insights and analysis
- Handle all social analytics and listening vendor relationships
- Measure, monitor and report social media activities and conversations to develop recommendations for how these insights can be used to inform campaign planning, optimisation and success for Lookfantastic
- Forecast appropriate KPIs and reporting per platform for the year in line with forecasted growth
- Work with the Social team and key partners in Marketing, Commercial and Campaign teams to frame the objectives
- Coordinate with partners (both internal and external), ensuring reporting processes are running efficiently
- Ensure social media tooling accurately addresses business needs, is best-in-class, and efficient
- Partner with the rest of the division to act as a consultant, ensuring social insights are being appropriately used
- Evaluate market and customer dynamics and provide insights to build compelling narratives to demonstrate Lookfantastic’s social media proposition
- Help understand overall team needs and develop insight-driven campaign strategies and plans
- Working with cross-functional teams, monitor/report social marketing and social influencer campaigns
- Manage timelines and delivery commitments ensuring that quality materials are delivered accurately and on schedule
- Work closely with the Social team to help them understand and act on market trends, user behaviour, new platform features, competitor activity and other relevant updates
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions have visibility over social media activity
- Audit social campaigns, activity, identify key findings and recommend approaches
- Work closely with the Community Experience team to monitor social space for brand related topics and conversations
What you’ll need:
- Deep understanding of the social media nuances
- Open-minded, flexible and able to deal with people effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Deep understanding of social media platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and emerging platforms such as GIPHY, TikTok, etc.
- Experience with measurement, analytics, and experimental design
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills a must
- Demonstrated analytical acumen to organize and interpret data and develop insights that inspire action
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other desktop software applications. Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign etc.) a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work on many competing assignments while prioritising and moving forward to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across at all levels of the organization
- Collaborative and inclusive team player with the experience of managing and developing a team
- Understanding of a variety of social insight methodologies and their applications
- Ability to be strategic as well as dive into the data to answer research and business questions
- Passionate about research, beauty, marketing, emerging media and technology
- Proficient with market-leading social media tools
- Understanding of native analytics solutions across all social media platforms