THG’s primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and sports nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Assurance Manager for My Protein. The SQA Manager will form an integral part of the manufacturing management team. The primary objective of the role is to coordinate and conduct the assessments of all raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers, centred on ensuring strict compliance to quality standards and legality to form a robust due diligence defence and business protection.
- Create international guidelines for approval in relation to food safety and quality; ensure that these standards are implemented and maintained at all suppliers
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive risk management strategy for the international food safety and quality approval program including programs to minimize and control key international and regional risks and possess the flexibility to support the business for all potential crisis needs.
- Drive improvements in supply base through complaint reduction projects.
- The maintenance of supplier assurance via a Vendor Rating System, Supplier Approval and Auditing Procedure(s) and Supplier Assurance Audit.
- The maintenance of an approved suppliers list/database linked vendor appraisal system to food safety, quality and due diligence systems i.e. complaints, NCR's, Technical contacts, products within approved site, risk category.
- Create guidelines for approval of services in relation to food safety and quality in regard to the stated BRC and ISO standards and ensure that these standards are implemented and maintained
- Ongoing raw material specification review encompassing HACCP, Legality, process, Quality in conjunction with the Specifications Manager.
- Advise on continual improvement of receipt quality assurance criteria and testing
- Establishment of a regular supplier performance reviews in conjunction with the Procurement, NPD and Technical Management Teams.
- Support mitigation projects and introduction of new raw materials into the business by ensuring legality, safety and quality of new raw material into the business.
- Site technical support as required in support of the Technical and Quality Managers.
- Knowledge or self-motivation to understand Raw Material process from field to fork
- Manage the Supplier Quality Assurance team
To be considered for this role you will need to have
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Previous experience in Supplier Quality Assurance in food manufacturing and food supply chains
- Experience auditing external suppliers
- Competent user of Microsoft Office especially Excel for data analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Capable of motivating and leading a team
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme