The Hut Group:
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, we manufacture and shipping products to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire that is open 24 /7 364 days a year.
Due to rapid growth THG is looking to recruit a Team Leader / Supervisor with experience in warehousing for Food to lead a team of around 20-30 Warehouse Operatives working in our Raw Ingredients Warehouse at our main manufacturing and distribution centre in Warrington. The shift pattern is Days 6AM to 6PM rotating Mon, Tues, and Fri, Sat and Sun week one and Weds and Thursday week two.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Lead and Motivate a small team carrying out a variety of Warehouse Tasks related to Processing Inbound deliveries of Raw Materials, Inventory Management, Stock queries and Quality Control.
- You will be supervising and guiding the team whilst they carry out their duties and resolving any queries that they have.
- You will work with L & D to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task that they are asked to perform
- You will also be required to ensure that your team are all adhering to THG’s Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures and will work with your colleagues to promote a safe working environment
- You will need to ensure that the team is operating productively and in line with set KPIs and Quality Standards and make corrections as needed
- You will be the first line of escalation for any colleague concerns or requirement including HR issues
- Ensure KPIs and quality standards are met.
- Become recognised as a the process expert and leader of change in your process
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check staffing levels are in line with plans
- Communicate instructions from Senior Staff to your team and ensure these are followed.
- Identify key members of the team for development to promote succession planning
- Work with the people team to manage employee relations issues including absence reviews
- Assume shift management responsibility in times of absence and holiday
- This role is the first line manager role and success is measured in people and process metrics. The ability to assume greater responsibility and leverage team strengths to solve basic problems will highlight those with potential for additional responsibility.
To be considered for this role, located in Warrington Cheshire, you will need to have the following:
- Experience managing and motivating a team in Food warehouse
- Good understanding of Food Safety and Hygiene regulations plus H & S and HR procedures
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused with a good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time and your team’s time effectively and capable of solving problems
- Highly Numerate
- Organised with ability to set objectives and manage KPIs
- Ability to drive positive change
- IT literate: Excel & Word and capable of delivering reports using excel
- You will need to be prepared to work Shifts and to stand for several hours at a time.
- Degree qualification would be preferred.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme