Start Date: Immediate preferred
Salary: Competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
Closing Date: 6th January 2020
Healx is a fast-growing Cambridge, UK biotech combining artificial intelligence and deep pharmacology expertise to identify existing drugs that may treat rare diseases, enabling treatments to be found at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional drug discovery. There are over 7,000 rare diseases affecting an estimated 350 million people worldwide, most of these diseases lack an effective treatment. We are progressing our own portfolio of repurposed drugs, working closely with patient groups and charities to understand clinical unmet need and how best to progress treatments to the clinic.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to apply their clinical research/drug development knowledge and expertise to support projects at each stage of Healx’s innovative drug repurposing pipeline. At the discovery stage, you will compile and evaluate clinical trial/research information and clinical competitive intelligence for rare disease selection projects. Working closely with the Pharmacology and Business Development (BD) teams you will make recommendations on the clinical tractability of projects. Healx works across multiple rare disease indications, so an interest and ability to apply your knowledge and experience to new therapeutic areas is essential. For drug repurposing projects progressing into the clinic, you will support project teams with clinical science information and input to support clinical trial planning/regulatory submissions.
- Work independently to compile and analyse clinical trial/research data required for disease selection and key project progression decisions
- Work with the Healx biocuration team to support evaluation of clinical unmet need and current treatment paradigms to help select rare disease projects
- Work with Clinical, Pharmacology and BD teams to understand the therapeutic landscape of rare disease clusters of interest to Healx
- Work with the curation and tools teams to improve the curation process of clinical data and clinical development intelligence and build internal tools
- Work with the BD team and Financial Director to build financial models and target product profiles for Healx repurposed clinical assets
- Provide support for business development activities, such as clinical due diligence and research collaborations
- Support project teams with clinical science information and input for regulatory submissions and other regulatory processes
Who we’re looking for
- University degree (with at least a 2:1) and a postgraduate degree in medical or biological sciences, or a discipline associated with clinical research.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a clinical research/drug development role, i.e. within a clinical trials unit, CRO or pharmaceutical/biotech company
- Broad understanding of the clinical development/translational medicine process
- Experience working with clinical data (analysis and interpretation), with a sound knowledge and understanding of clinical trial design to be able to evaluate and summarise the results of clinical trials across different therapy areas.
- Interest/experience in rare disease biology, clinical unmet needs and current treatment paradigms
- Good knowledge of medical aspects of GCP (Good Clinical Practice), ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use), FDA, EMEA, NICE and other relevant guidelines and regulations
- You should be detail-oriented with strong comprehension and reading skills and the ability to quickly and accurately interpret clinical data and scientific knowledge from patents, literature and databases.
- Experience or an interest in biocuration is desirable but not essential