Who we are:
Nested is reinventing estate agency in the UK. The way we buy and sell homes is fundamentally broken, so we are revolutionising it by bringing transparency and honesty to the industry. We are a hugely ambitious team, backed by Europe’s leading VCs and led by an experienced founding team who have previously built successful businesses (GoCardless, Songkick).
Our unique ability to offer a cash advance to our clients is transforming the property industry. This coupled with our extraordinary team and a data-led approach truly sets us apart. We are continuously challenging ourselves to provide a better customer experience, improve our practices and re-write the estate agency process.
Nested offers a collaborative, fast-paced working environment, perfect for those who want to make a big difference. We’re a close-knit team, with monthly socials, football and book clubs, and a catered lunch each Friday for our weekly all-hands.
The Valuation Team is at the core of what we do at Nested, helping people make moves they otherwise couldn’t. We are looking for bright and hardworking graduates to join us at an exciting moment in Nested’s development. This is an entry-level role where the focus will be on mastering our tech-enabled valuation process and the associated customer products.
Specific tasks will include:
- Owning the customer valuation and advice process on two fronts:
- Value properties across the customer lifecycle accurately and efficiently
- Provide our customers with best in class advice through our buying agent service
- Analysing local market dynamics, trends, and property saleability, which form a crucial part of the advance and the advice that we provide customers
- Presenting valuation recommendations and market liquidity findings for sign-off and discussion
- Applying both a quantitative and qualitative approach to valuation, taking particular consideration of buyer profiles, market dynamics, and comparable analysis
- Having input in the decisions of how to improve our valuation and underwriting processes, including working with the engineering team to create tools that cut down the lead time between inbound inquiries and deliverables.
The makeup of the team to date has been diverse and we are keen to hire employees that add to the overall level and performance of the team. An excellent candidate will:
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Be eager to learn a new set of diverse skills
- Have a desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard
- Be able to demonstrate a passion and understanding of residential property
- Be commercially astute and understand what is going on in the macro-environment and the effect that it has on what we do.
- Add to what is already a talented team
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Work experience in residential property
- Have lived in London for a year or more
- A good understanding of the London property market
* This is being marketed as a graduate role, as such we are looking for applications from candidates who are ~1 year out of university (graduate or post-graduate)
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values
set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they are at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- 4% employer pension contribution - we use Royal London as our provider
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health, and dental care
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working, most of the teamwork from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Healthy tech budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee, and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Catered Friday lunch + monthly team events
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Salary : £25k + Share Options.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire.
Our interview process consists of
- A first phone screen- this is an opportunity to get to know you and your skills in more depth
- A technical phone screen- we will send you a task beforehand if your application progresses to this stage (45-60 minutes)
- An on-site interview where you'll get to spend time with people you'd be working with day to day.
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.