Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 2,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla.
Watch this to dive a little deeper
The Team ☀️
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 50, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 2,000,000 users. We are building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months. We’re 5 for 5 on Glassdoor, and we’re all based in Angel, just off Exmouth Market.
Check out our office space here
The Role 🚀
Come and help lead customer operations scaling at Cleo!
As we scale, we find new and interesting problems to solve. One of these problems is how we scale our customer operations globally to improve the service we offer customers. For this, we need a strong leader to design our customer operations scaling strategy, and then work to implement this over several months. You will be leading a growing customer champion team, and using insights from this pilot to inform our scaling strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the customer champions team of approximately 12 people; managing all hiring, onboarding, performance targets, people forecasting and performance management, while putting processes in place to scale this team in future
- Working with our COO and Customer Success Lead to design our customer operations scaling strategy, and then making it happen in the US and UK
- Working to ensure our new customer champion team feel integrated into the business, ensuring that Cleo’s culture shines through
- Acting as the link between our new customer champion team and the existing customer success/product teams; helping to draw insights from customer feedback and improving the way feedback is collated and addressed
- Communicating with our community of users to get an understanding of the real world challenges they are facing as they go through their journey with Cleo
- Identifying improvements to our processes and working with our existing customer success team to create content that will enable users to self-help
- Driving other exciting initiatives that will shape the future of Cleo customer support; think international expansion, new partnerships and defining the way we work as the team grows
We’re expanding into the US at pace! 🔥
This full-time position offers flexible working hours and will be based across our two offices in London (15 minute walk between both!). The role will require weekend and evening commitment, however shift patterns are negotiable. As Cleo expands into the US market, we need to accomodate the time difference for our users.
Typical weekend and evening work requires two evening shifts during the week (12-9pm) and Saturday (10-6pm). Working hours can be flexible to accommodate family and other commitments.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 years team management experience
- Genuine passion for Customer Service and Cleo's mission
- No requirement for specific industry experience but any start up experience is a bonus!
- Drive and determination to make things happen and follow-through
What do you get for all your hard work? 💯
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone