Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Product Manager for the content experience, you will be at the heart of our product and developer offering. Together with a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for empowering developers to build digital products faster, by crafting scalable APIs.
You will be leading changes to our Content APIs and expand them according to the state of the art, looking at standards like GraphQL and REST, in a content infrastructure context.
Example projects include API-based content workflow permissions, or supporting GraphQL through dedicated endpoints or custom resolvers. If you’re a Product Manager with a strong technical background focused on exploring and solving complex user problems, this is the role for you!
THE DAY TO DAY STUFF
- Give input to API guidelines and make sure that we deliver a consistent experience for SDK developers as well as direct API users
- Own the Content API roadmap
- Collaborate with the Product Management team on product strategy, on contribute to the overall Product roadmap, the authoring experience one in particular
- Identify and break down complex business problems into solvable pieces that can be shipped iteratively while dealing with API maintenance strategy challenges
- Collaborate with your team and engineering management to make intelligent and pragmatic trade-offs
- You are a proven Product Manager
- Domain expertise in API products and protocols like REST or GraphQL
- Working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises products is your passion
- Experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and capable of collaborating with multiple internal departments
- You have a strong technical background – like a past experience as a backend developer or a technical consulting position – to actively participate in your team’s discussion about architecture and design decisions
- Ability to analize both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and recommendations
THE GOOD STUFF
- You will be working on the core of our product, enabling teams to deliver digital products faster using an API-first content infrastructure
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle ●Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks , oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!