Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Director Developer of Relations at Contentful, you’ll have the opportunity to lead both execution and strategy in growing our programs to engage, educate and excite our users and the wider developer community. and build a community serving thousands of developers around the world in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- own the number of new developers who try out Contentful
- lead and develop our existing global team of developer evangelist and grow the team to twice its current size in the next 12 months
- identify key trends and “developer parades” that we can adopt and leverage to show innovative use cases for Contentful
- refine our developer content marketing strategy, and build programs to rapidly scale content contributions from both our community as well as developers from within Contentful
- expand our developer evangelism in the field, including events, conferences, workshops, trainings and meetups
- drive the growth of our community, both online through our Slack community [contentful.com/slack] and Community forum (contentfulcommunity.com), and offline through community events
- own programs that drive community contributions
- build relationships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities we do
- users with our product team that builds the new user experience
- consult and advocate on behalf of developers and be the voice of our community within Contentful
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of previous developer evangelism experience, technical savvy, marketing acumen, passion and enthusiasm, and strategic thinking, and be immediately credible with developers of all levels, from hobbyists to CTOs.
- 6-10 years of work experience in software development, technical program management, developer evangelism, product management, account management, or professional service roles for related web technologies
- Experience leading a team distributed among multiple timezones
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with strong English communication skills and the ability to inspire others
- Strong technical writing skills demonstrated via blog posts and other written work
- Strong and diverse engineering skills - if you were writing code full time, you'd be a great performer. You also have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
- Public speaking experience or aptitude - a developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience's time and attention
- Willingness to travel - to anywhere our developer communities live, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!