The world deserves better insurance.
At Zego, we’re reinventing an outdated industry and giving people the flexibility they need, allowing them to work on their own terms. Our platform provides super flexible insurance premiums, which offer workers in the gig economy the chance to work the hours they want without the pressure of having to pay for an expensive insurance premium upfront.
In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London.
Recently we closed our series B round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our insurance portfolio.
Our recent success means that we’re currently scaling rapidly and hiring people that can help us supercharge our growth, while still embodying the values that have gotten us so far already.
Zego is experiencing hyper-growth and looking to scale globally; we are looking for a hands on Head of Business Intelligence that combines a commercial mindset with a technical background.
You'll be part of a fast-growing team with direct reports, analysts supporting our B2B and B2C verticals and also a marketing growth analyst. Your team is embedded within the organisational functions rather than a centrally located function so you’ll operate semi-autonomously on a day to day basis.
- Build a strong BI capability which directly impacts Zego’s growth
- Identify and assess KPIs - work closely with the Vertical Teams, Finance and Senior Leaders to continuously identify and assess the main KPIs driving business growth and performance
- Owning Reporting - set up and maintain reports and dashboards using various technical tools (SQL, Looker, Excel, etc.) to assess KPIs, vertical and country performance (growth and profitability), overall business trends, achievements and competitive landscape
- Automation - use suitable technology and architectures to build reliable and scalable solutions. You will promote a self-serve data culture by building user-friendly BI tools and teaching the business how to use them
- Owning Data - be responsible for making data always available to internal and external stakeholders and in a digestible form. This includes designing appropriate ETL processes and partnering with the BI Engineering and Data Engineering Teams to implement them
- Analysis - regularly monitor the business performance and run ad-hoc analyses to support Senior Leaders in the decision-making process
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Service / Success to help prioritise new products and features with the aim of constantly improving the customer experience. Your recommendations will be driven by consumer behaviour, revenue impact, ROI and market trends
- Share meaningful and insightful findings that will give the team new perspectives
- Recommendations - both regularly and on a one-off basis provide Senior Leaders with proactive recommendations to improve the business performance and identify growth opportunities
- Supporting modelling - partner mainly with the Finance Team and Senior Leaders to share insightful analysis and provide meaningful inputs for both forecasting and scenario modelling
- Be the go-to person for producing the analyses periodically requested by the Board of Directors. Leading data due-diligence in the context of fundraising activities
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics Teams
- Advanced SQL and understanding of DB architectures.
- Advanced Excel and analytical background
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau Software or other data visualisation tools
- Commercial sense and a passion for data. You don’t just produce data. You are able to understand problems and opportunities from a business and customer perspective
- Eager to learn and continuously improve
- Get to know our customers: credit with Uber and Deliveroo
- Santander cycle keys, DriveNow credit and in-house e-scooters
- Brand new Zego wardrobe: hoodies, tees, stickers and more
- Therapy and coaching: make the most of life at Zego
- Competitive salary, pension, 25 days’ annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Free breakfast every Friday
- All the tools you need to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.