The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as individuals.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group, amongst others.
- Our platform has processed over $8 billion to date
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
For our fast-growing African headquarters in Johannesburg, we are looking for an extremely driven individual with a background in marketing, business development and customer relationship management to own the development of the South African market from strategy to execution. You will be part of Marius team, meet him here.
Your mission will involve
- Take ownership of the South African growth strategy to continue to drive market leadership & success
- You will define and implement local marketing strategies together with your colleagues from PR, Content and Growth Marketing and build engaged local online and offline communities
- You will recruit and acquire local ambassadors and influencers and implement distribution partnerships with the right brands
- You will gather actionable insights from customer research to improve local product and customer experience together with the related teams
- Develop and maintain strategic, long-term trusting relationships with high-volume clients
- You will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in your markets, in particular financial service providers, merchants and media
The Ideal Lunaut, will have:
- University degree, at least 4 years of relevant work experience and permission to work in South Africa
- Experience in driving and monitoring marketing and operational metrics
- Experience working in an environment that deals with high-net-worth customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial bias towards action combined with the rigour to see things through until completion
- Interest and basic knowledge of cryptocurrencies, in particular Bitcoin and Ethereum
In the first six Months you will:
- Have formulated local strategies for your market and successfully executed multiple measures with visible impact on user growth
- Have identified key challenges and opportunities in your market and prioritised strategic projects
- Have built strong relationships with a valuable network of key stakeholders in your market
- Manage and develop our VIP programme
- Develop new business through partnerships and Luno for business
Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free online learning via Udemy, an international teaching marketplace with over 100000 courses from Harvard and other leading providers + share knowledge with your peers.
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - we fly in everyone around the globe to Luno’s birth town to brainstorm and celebrate our successes.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend..
- Annual Inspiration Day.. like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.