The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we are upgrading the world of work to unleash the potential within and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as that.
A bit about us:
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries
- We are Series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars since we’ve launched
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore
This role in a nutshell:
You will join a collection of designers with different skills, all focused on solving problems and designing the best experience. Together we aim to create the best perceptions and experiences around our Luno app. Your job, specifically, will be to create a clear and meaningful conversation between our customers and our product, enabling them to upgrade to the new financial system with as little friction as possible.
As User Experience Copywriter, you'll be part of Lana's team, meet her here.
Your mission will involve:
- Facilitating customer navigation by writing compelling microcopy for products across multiple platforms (Android, iOS & Web).
- Researching best practices and teaming up with Product Designers to advocate for the customer throughout the design process.
- Collaborating with other content creators across Product, Marketing, Legal and Customer Success teams to shape the brand voice and ensure multi-channel consistency.
- Reviewing data to understand customer behaviour and adapt messaging accordingly.
- Reviewing all content related to the product before going live.
The ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- 3+ years' writing experience and a portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences
- Content design background, or experience writing for digital products or services
- Strong understanding of usability principles such as UX and customer journeys
- Demonstrable experience collaborating specifically with product managers and designers
- A basic understanding of design systems, including Material Design and Human Interface Design to implement great digital writing
- Excitement for cryptocurrency and digital innovation in general, and a passion for design principles
- Familiarity with information architecture in order to structure complicated content
Life at Luno 🚀
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free online learning via Udemy, Harvard and other leading providers + share knowledge with your peers.
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - As a team member working outside of Cape Town, you'll be flown to Luno’s birth town annually to join in-depth strategy sessions and celebrate our successes.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday.
- Generous maternity/paternity paid time off, and even paw-ternity leave for your furry friend.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, so bring on the quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.