ABOUT THE TEAM
The Financial Crime Technology department is at the forefront of Revolut’s efforts to keep customers and their money safe. Through the intelligent development and deployment of technology, we aim to prevent financial crime more effectively than traditional banks.
We operate in small, nimble teams that are built for scale, speed, and quality. Each unit is responsible for a different pillar of fincrime, giving you the chance to have a real impact on crucial problems that affect millions of people around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Financial Crime Managers (AML/CTF) are the core of our first line of defence against money laundering and terrorist financing. We are looking for a person who understands how money laundering and terrorist financing happens and how we can find and prevent it on the Revolut platform.
As a Financial Crime Manager (AML/CTF), you will work alongside our data analysts, data scientists, product owners and associates in identifying emerging AML/CTF risks and defining controls to minimise them at Revolut. You will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the role, particularly money laundering and terrorist financing risks associated with retail and business (e.g. SME) banking.
Our financial crime product teams are built for scale, speed, and quality, with each team responsible for a pillar of financial crime. Financial Crime Technology has several dedicated product teams: Transaction Monitoring, Know Your Customer, Quality Control, Computer Vision, Automation, and Screening to name a few. The Financial Crime Manager (AML/CTF) will be a member of the AML/CTF transaction Monitoring team.
You will own a key component of the on-going AML/CTF risk identification and subsequent mitigation plan. This ensures that Revolut remains compliant with the applicable laws and regulations. You will need to be able to appropriately manage stakeholders when expanding into new markets or products ensuring the AML/CTF risks are identified and managed prior to release.
We not only want to see you succeed in your role here at Revolut, but also in the future. To that end, we will train you for your next role, giving you the necessary exposure from public speaking, to high-level business meetings, to building meaningful and impactful solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Working as part of our AML/CTF product teams to identify and track emerging typologies
• Assessing the AML/CTF risks associated with new products and jurisdictions and proposing mitigations to these risks
• On-going enhancement of our AML controls for both the business and retail products
• Communicating complex ideas simply and succinctly to the second line of defence and wider teams at Revolut
• Developing an industry-leading approach to conduct investigations
• Establishing processes to define, review and enhance AML/CTF controls
• Inform both medium and longer-term AML team priorities
• Ensure adequate documentation of our processes and rationale for decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Prior experience working with a retail or SME banking environment is essential, particularly in an AML function
• Practical knowledge and experience of money laundering risk associated with retail and business (including freelance and SME) banking
• Knowledge of current AML legislation, money laundering techniques/patterns and emerging AML risks
• Related certifications in AML (e.g. ACAMS, ICA or similar) preferred
• Familiar with the three lines of defence model to combat financial crime
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Close attention to detail
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.