ABOUT THE TEAM
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who can navigate complex product regulations and develop and implement related compliance actions. This position requires partnering with legal and business teams on proposed actions, and coordinating across multiple teams to use technological tools to implement processes and policies to effectuate those actions. There is a significant project management and operations component to this role.
The position is located in Tokyo. This person will work with the Head of Operations (Japan), Head of Regulatory Compliance (Japan) and with the Compliance team at Revolut’s London headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Assess and advise Revolut Technologies Japan’s employees and Directors compliance matters including, but not limited to, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, sanctions, information/cyber security, trading of securities and other regulatory matters
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance risk
• Plan and execute compliance training concerning regulations, resolutions issued by the local regulators
• Coordinate Compliance Committee and Board of Directors’ meeting at Revolut Technologies Japan
• Draft regulatory reports to file with JFSA/KLFB and Japan Payment Service Association
• Communicate with Revolut Limited in order for Revolut Technologies Japan to make its compliance and internal control environment consistent with Revolut Limited
• Keep update the company registration with Tokyo Regional Legal Bureau
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• 3+ years experience in a similar position (regulatory compliance experience is a must)
• Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with internal investigations, and policy creation and implementation
• Deep knowledge of Securities regulations
• Excellent academic credentials
• Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
• Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators
• A multi-tasker with close attention to detail
• Able to demonstrate sound judgment
• A deep understanding of the regulations in Japan
• Ability to interact with JFSA/KLFB, Japan Payment Service Association, Japan Securities Dealers Association and other institutions which Revolut Technologies Japan is a member of
• Preferably have qualification of Internal Control Supervisory Manager of Japan Securities Dealers Association
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 7 million customers in September 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners if you work late
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.