ABOUT THE TEAM
The Financial Crime Technology department is at the forefront of Revolut’s efforts to keep customers and their money safe. Through the intelligent development and deployment of technology, we aim to prevent financial crime more effectively than traditional banks.
We operate in small, nimble teams that are built for scale, speed, and quality. Each unit is responsible for a different pillar of fincrime, giving you the chance to have a real impact on crucial problems that affect millions of people around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Financial Crime Compliance Manager (Sanctions) within our London office to build on our product expertise on sanctions within the First Line of Defense against Financial Crime. This will relate to the existing services provided to users as well as those we intend to develop in the near future.
What you'll be doing
• Translate complex sanctions & embargoes laws and regulations into actionable requirements for the Financial Crime Roadmap: risks, systems and controls.
• Design the controls and advise the technology team on delivering appropriate systems to prevent sanctions breaches.
•Owning the procedures centered around sanctions and embargoes screening and monitoring.
• Identify potential improvements to the analyst’s procedures.
• Dealing with regulatory/partner inquiries related to sanctions/embargoes and communicate our policies and procedures in efforts to form partnerships.
• Keep an eye on the industry’s best practices to identify areas for improvement within our systems and controls.
• Tracking sanctions and embargoes regulatory changes and ensuring these are implemented effective in order to stay compliant.
• Providing input to design and execute the quality testing of our sanctions screening systems
• Escalating and providing feedback to identify sanctions risks and issues to Senior management (including MLRO/Head of Financial Crime)
• Proactively working with the Second Line of Defense’s Financial Crime Compliance Manager
• Dealing with escalations from other members of the First Line of Defense and providing practical advice on required actions
• Providing input to Sanctions and embargoes training materials
• Oversee the health of systems and controls and associated processes executed by analyst teams
• Review escalated sanctions matches and provide suggested decisions to the 2nd line of Defense.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Strong knowledge and experience of best practice in managing Sanctions/Embargo risks
• Profound knowledge of main sanctions regimes and respective reporting requirements (OFAC, UK, UN, OFSI)
• Experience in designing and running sanctions risk - related controls
• Understanding of key controls against proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and exports of dual-use goods in the financial sector
• At least 5 years of practical experience in Sanctions/Embargoes advisory roles within an FCA regulated financial services firm or regulator
• Clear communicator with the ability to explain complicated matters in simple terms
• Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial operation
• Strong knowledge of key regulatory issues and control assessment processes
• Professional qualification from an internationally recognised body would be a plus (e.g. ICA, ACAMS)
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.