ABOUT THE TEAM
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Head Regulatory Compliance within our Tokyo office to build on our core team within Regulatory Compliance. This will relate to implementing and monitoring our approach to key compliance activities relating to anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery, market abuse, personal account dealing and data privacy/breaches.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Implementing the global policies, and localisation of procedures for anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery and market abuse
• Working closely with our global Regulatory Compliance function to address any differences in the global policies and procedures and local requirements
• Ensuring risk management processes for anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery and market abuse
• Identifying regulatory challenges and changes relating to anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery and market abuse to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time
• Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal, Risk, MLRO etc) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
• 7+ years experience of conducting risk management
• Qualified lawyer (preferred)
• Experience of conduct risk management within a consultancy, compliance function or a regulator
• Knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements relating to at least anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing and data privacy/breaches
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 7 million customers in September 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners if you work late
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.