ABOUT THE TEAM
The Financial Crime Risk department is at the forefront of Revolut’s efforts to keep customers and their money safe. Working directly with customers to resolve issues and flag potential concerns and using cutting edge technology, we aim to prevent financial crime more effectively than traditional banks. The Financial Compliance Risk team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing financial crime risk.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Revolut is seeking an intelligent, dynamic, innovative and driven Senior Compliance Manager responsible for oversight of our financial crime compliance with the rules against money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption, across multiple jurisdictions. In addition the candidate will act as deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO). This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business.
This role will require supporting the development and maintenance of Revolut’s compliance strategies and relevant policies, and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
The DMLRO as part of the Compliance team, will have the level of authority, independence and support to properly carry out his or her responsibilities in connection with our Compliance Program, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Payment Services Directives.
The DMLRO will have an overview of the operation and effectiveness of the systems and controls in our Financial Crime Compliance team. At Revolut we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance. Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process in financial institutions. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
This role will drive implementation of compliance control as highlighted in the Financial Crime and Compliance Risk Assessments and include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
You will be expected to understand and identify financial crime risk across multiple countries in Europe, and to maintain our systems and controls, considering a range of factors, including our:
• customer, product and activity profiles;
• distribution channels;
• complexity and volume of our transactions;
• processes and systems; and
• operating environment.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Maintenance of our risk management policies and risk profile in relation to money laundering, including the application of those policies;
• Maintain oversight of the outsourced activities as they relate to AML/CFT activity;
• Supervision of our appropriate measures to ensure that financial crime risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers; and changes in our business profile;
• Building, and taking accountability for, the AML/CTF risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML/CTF risk assessments
• Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices• Driving a compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments, in particular Irish regulations and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
• Participating and collaborating in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conduct compliance assessments and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
• Preparing reports to senior management, the Board and escalating any key or high risk compliance issues within our existing governance structure,
• Engage with Irish competent authorities, for example the Central Bank of Ireland and FIU as required. The Senior Compliance Manager will also provide support to the business when products are launched to ensure regulatory requirements are met, providing guidance, as appropriate.
• Working cross-functionally across multiple teams some located offshore, to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
• Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements. This role is critical to the overall execution of our Compliance Program. You will need to partner with Legal and work to implement Program changes to comply with the changing regulatory environment and advise change management processes and control requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• You have an in depth knowledge of AML/CFT regulations across multiple countries.
• You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda.
• You are a strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a large number of functional groups and be able to manage the business needs of Revolut.
• You understand the customer experience and make business oriented recommendations to ensure Compliance with key requirements.
• You are capable of working closely with our Compliance Operations Team and Compliance Technology Team to ensure effective execution of the Compliance Program.
• You have previous experience with the CBI/FIU possibly as deputy MLRO, and a strong background in financial services (bonus if you have experience with or a passion for technology)
• You’re able to influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change
• You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights into the team and business
• You thrive in dynamic working environments
• You have a data driven approach to problem solving
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 25 days’ holiday per year
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.