At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Participate in the definition of the technical vision of the embedded applications at infarm
- Implement complex features and maintain our embedded software applications using industry best practices
- Regular deployment of production code while maintaining a high-performance and stable system
- Work closely with backend engineers to explore new possibilities in embedded software development
- Collaborate closely with the backend team to optimize end-to-end user experience
- Work in a close and trustful relationship with the founders, product manager, and designers in a cross-discipline agile environment
- 3+ years experience as an embedded software engineer, working mainly in Embedded C/C++ in systems with limited memory and processing power
- Good understanding of RTOS, Embedded Linux and bare metal environments
- In-depth experience of low power communication standards, such as Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee and Wifi
- Experience with build, release and monitoring tools
- Strong startup spirit (flexible, positive attitude), love for dynamic work environments, and desire to take ownership of your work
- Fluent in communicational English (oral and written) and excited to work in a diverse international environment
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of sensors and signal processing: sensor data acquisition, conditioning, filtering, and processing, algorithm integration and optimization
- Knowledge of Go
- Experience with big data technologies and processing
- Experience with MQTT and other IoT-based communication protocols
- Embedded Software: ARM, C++, FreeRTOS
- Gateway: Golang, BalenaOS, BLE, MQTT
- DevOps: CircleCI, Docker, GCP
- Monitoring: Elastic Cloud, Sentry
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks!