ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account Executive role is essential to the success of Contentful in the allocated territories in the region. We are looking for an experienced sales professional to be the primary voice of our business in the region, as this is an opportunity to make an impact and evolve your career.
Over the recent years, companies from all verticals including finance, services, hospitality, retail, entertainment, have started adopting our product to develop, curate and deliver content to any imaginable digital product - from websites, mobile apps, kiosk solutions, social media, online stores, customer service tools to chatbots. Whether you looked at investing in property development in Bahrain, enjoyed the view from the most iconic sky bar of Singapore, enjoyed a cold beer in Japan, aimed to score a goal in Barcelona or booked a trip to somewhere else - you have most likely used Contentful without even knowing it.
As an Enterprise Account Executive in this critical market, you will be the local point of contact for customers and prospects. Your role is to identify and develop new sales opportunities and grow existing accounts while ensuring customers meet their business objectives with Contentful.
- Executing the sales strategy, driving and gaining customer adoption of the Contentful Content infrastructure, and close major deals in the allocated territory
- Developing and managing accounts through constant and broad positioning of the Contentful product portfolio, while maintaining and sustaining successful ongoing relationships with Key Decision Makers
- Understanding pricing structures and negotiating contracts through to conclusion
- Meeting sales goals, developing account strategy and pipeline, negotiating pricing, discussing sales planning, managing processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Strengthen the relationship as a trusted advisor for the various stakeholders of existing and potential customers across multiple levels of organization and external parties in the assigned business segment.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities.
- Develop innovative proposals and delivering strategic sales presentation.
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 2 years in a closing role with mid-size and large enterprises
- 2+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software or cloud solutions
- New logo hunter by excellence
- Good understanding of the local cultural contexts (habits of different regions and locations around the allocated territory)
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model
- Ability to build up a solution from micro-events, or break complex constructs into core elements.
- Good negotiation skills, a great understanding of sales processes, are tenacious and focused on results.
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Native-level fluency in English; any other language relevant for allocated territory is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 50%)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!