Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 17 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
- Translate simple business problems to machine learning solutions
- Research and design machine learning algorithms to create smart capabilities such as personalisation, image recognition tasks, NLP tasks and more.
- Deploy machine learning algorithm to production using existing framework
- Develop prototype, before scaling the solution to work with our 15+ million users and deploy it to production.
- Optimise and maintain existing solutions to improve performance metrics and increase business impact
- Elicit requirements from the relevant stakeholders across the business
- Participate in the team activities (agile ceremonies, journal club, engineering whiteboard sessions etc)
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in computer science, maths, statistics, economics or related disciplines
- Solid experience in Data Science/Machine Learning
- Proven ability to design machine learning solutions to solve business problems using best practices (data cleansing, model development)
- Ability to contribute ideas to feed the product roadmap
- Experience writing production-grade code
- Knowledge of ways to optimise algorithms and their limitations
- Ability to communicate complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to research machine learning techniques and develop prototype
- Passion for learning new skills and staying up-to-date with ML algorithms
- Be a team player in our collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Strong knowledge of Python, in particular packages like pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy etc.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Experience with Spark (PySpark or scala spark)
- Experience and/or interest in e-commerce or fashion industry
- Experience in a product-led environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learn and Grow
We sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
- Mental Health
Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance
We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
- Family life
We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.