Zego is empowering new business with insurance solutions for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry while supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in the Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of insurance solutions for new business and we want you on board!
We are now looking for a General Manager - Ireland to manage Zego's expansion in Ireland. We have a huge opportunity there and your task is to strengthen our brand and expand our presence in the Irish market. Your responsibility is to build relationships with local partners, understand product requirements and continue developing our value proposition in Ireland. You will be supported by and working in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership team in London HQ.
• Strategy - Help implement Zego's business strategy for Dublin and the wider region
• Leadership - You are a smart and empathetic leader and able to build and coach a high performing team
• Commercial - Develop and strengthen partnerships and identify new opportunities in the market
• Relationships - Manage relationships at all levels among key partners and stakeholders including insurers, local governing boards, customers and relevant suppliers and vendors
• Owning the Performance - you will be accountable for the performance of the Ireland operation
• Operational Efficiency - We want to disrupt the Insurance industry and challenge the way it has naturally been perceived. You will always aim to improve the internal operational efficiency of your team, and share best practices with other countries
• Analysis - You will run thorough analyses to identify the best approach for new commercial opportunities or incremental improvements to our operations
• Team Management - Proven people management interest and experience. You’ll know how to motivate team members and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies
• Entrepreneurial Experience - You have experience launching products in new territories, building businesses or working on big impactful projects from scratch.
• Commercial Acumen - You are curious and have previous experience in planning commercial strategies and collected learnings on what works and what doesn’t.
• Project Management - You have previous responsibilities in planning and prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
• Positive Attitude - You feel optimistic about tackling challenges and you are naturally proactive person who is energised by great teamwork and the different milestones
• Self Starter - You’re a doer while also someone with big visions – you take considered and practical approach to simply getting things done
• Analytical - You are numbers orientated and have experience making data-driven decisions
• Problem-solver - You thrive on opportunities to solve problems independently as well as together with the team members, using consideration and creativity
• Relationship Expert - You’re able to build genuine lasting relationships and quickly gain trust and respect of others.
• Competitive salary package + share options
• Working at Series B, VC backed high growth startup
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
• Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
• Personal allowance for coaching / therapy sessions
• Be a member of a team that is building something exceptional!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.