We are looking for a smart and dynamic legal talent to join our legal team as Legal Intern to support the rapid growth of our business. You will report to the Legal Counsels and support the business on a variety of medtech-related legal and commercial matters, including:
- Contract Management:
- Drafting and review of different types of commercial contracts;
- Ensuring that agreements comply with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Negotiation of agreements with third parties;
· Alignment of agreements with external and internal guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Keeping contract database up to date and managing the templates in the system;
- Provide legal support related to public tenders.
- Research and general legal advice on healthcare laws and other legal inquiries such as privacy laws, IP/IT laws, competition law;
- Drafting of internal policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations in various countries. Following the developments of laws and regulations in countries in which SOPHiA GENETICS operates.
- Coordination of the company’s engagement with external law firms;
- Knowledge management: ensure to keep abreast of legal developments and report to the legal team of new developments.
- Assist the Legal Counsels and Legal Department in day-to-day matters.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated law student to join the team in Saint-Sulpice, Switzerland. If you like to be working in a fast-paced work environment where you can have a laugh with your colleagues, we’d be keen to hear from you.
- Master of Law obtained or ongoing from reputable law school;
- Full proficiency in English; other languages are an asset;
- Strong interest in healthcare, technology and corporate law;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and competing priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- Efficient, effective and well-organized;
- Business-minded and “can-do” attitude.
Starting date: January 2020
6 months internship