In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are recruiting a Database Administrator (Software Development Engineer II) in our Research & Development team, designated to develop solutions to handle increasing amounts of genomics data.
As a DBA you will work both with application development teams and operations teams in developing, deploying, and operating a large scale SaaS application. In this role you will:
- Provide expertise to development teams in database design
- Modeling data and domain
- Writing and optimising queries based on the teams' needs
- Writing stored procedures
- Train software engineers to increase their Database related skills
- Develop database deployment and data migration scripts for releases
- Build test scripts for ensuring data integrity and security between releases
- Build data pipelines to ingest various external data sources
- Perform load testing for reliability
- Monitor database performance and stability in production
- Implement architectural changes to achieve performance and scalability
- Perform root cause analysis for incidents in production and help teams with troubleshooting
- Work with the operations team to ensure data integrity and security in production
- Collaborate with Data Architecture Team to align application database activities
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the software engineering field
- Good knowledge of data modeling and database design
- Good knowledge of SQL, preferably in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL flavors
- Experience with either Flyway, Liquibase, Alembic, or Redgate
- Experience in Database Performance Tuning and Database Security
- Experience in developing, maintaining, optimizing stored procedures using PL/SQL, PLPgSQL, etc.
- Good knowledge of UML
- Knowledge of Java, C++, or Python
- Proven experience in SaaS environment
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices (Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, PaaS, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Good programming and scripting knowledge
- Working experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or any orchestrator)
- Infrastructure as code experience using CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Opportunity to help patients to access better healthcare worldwide
- Be part of an exciting journey to become a global scale company
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- An international work culture
- Continuous learning and trainings
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- A motivating salary (35h + 4 additional weekly hours contract) ;
- A MacBook Pro Top Level & 27 "Monitors.
Start : ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.