In our journey to impact on patients' lives, we are currently looking for an Algorithm Developer / Researcher to join the Data Science department of SOPHiA GENETICS in St. Sulpice, Switzerland. The team develops algorithms and tools for our pipelines that analyse next-generation sequencing (NGS) data.
As an Algorithm Developer / Researcher you will be focused on supporting and developing solutions for detecting copy-number variations (CNV) in both somatic and germline analyses. You will develop new algorithms and tools for CNV detection and related problems and you will collaborate with other team members and across departments of Sophia Genetics. Additionally you will assist in providing support for the existing CNV detection tools and in data management for research and development projects.
- PhD in physics, computer science, bioinformatics or similar field. Candidates with a Master's degree and a publication record will also be considered.
- Experience with some of the following languages: C/C++, Python, R, shell scripting.
- Readiness to learn new tools and languages as needed for projects.
- Full professional proficiency in English, strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, willingness to take initiative
- Good balance between rigorous and practical approaches
- organisation and responsibility
- Ability to work in parallel on multiple projects
- Background in bioinformatics
- Experience with data analysis for NGS
- Experience with software design.
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.