smol is a fast growing start-up taking the household cleaning market by storm. We are building one of the fastest growing digitally native vertical brands in the industry.
In less than 2 years we’ve launched a cleaning revolution in the UK that has turned the market on its head. Our products are revolutionary; high performance, eco-friendly and by delivering direct they offer great value too. Already delivering over 1 million washes up and down the UK each week and more recently in the US too. We have big plans to grow over the next few years so it is an exciting time to be joining smol.
Technology is at the core of what we do and we are growing our product stack to continue delivering happiness to our customers and help more join smol.
You’ll be joining a tight growth hungry entrepreneurial team, ready to bring smol to every household in the country and beyond and we need your help to get us there.
Where we need help
- You will lead the front end development efforts for smol. You will be working closely with the design and marketing team to create and grow our digital identity.
- You will have a key role working directly with the founders, the growth team and design. We are building a team passionate about our business and ready to build the products to help support the smol revolution.
- You will be working with the rest of the engineering team as well as across the business on a variety of projects to help grow the systems and create new tools for the team and for our customers.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Your are passionate about web technologies and shipping products which give customers interacting with smol online the best user experience possible. You like collaborating with others parts of the company to help new ideas come to fruition. If you are ambitious, with a critical mind, ready for a challenge and enjoy working in a fast paced environment this role is for you.
- BSc and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience developing and launching websites and web apps
- Commercial experience
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and mobile-first approach
- Comfortable working with and implementing web marketing technologies
- Passion for CX and an interest in web design
- An interest in growing your skillset and sharing your knowledge with others
You are very comfortable wit
- Agile methodology
- HTML, CSS
- Expertise in classic development versioning systems and deployment
- Collaborating with others on a shared code base and conducting peer code reviews
- Shopify experience
- Experience in headless migration and CMS deployment
- Experience with cloud providers platforms (AWS, Azure, GC, Digital Ocean)
- Work closely with the engineering, design and growth team to ship front end products delivering our customers and audience the best customer experience possible
- Learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & processes.
- Provide peer code reviews and provide key input in the product roadmap
What we offer
- A fantastic opportunity to be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing DNVB.
- An experienced team invested in helping you grow
- Competitive compensation package
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
- Flexible working (2-3 days in our London office to suit business needs)
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.