The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an independent and result-oriented Senior Accountant to sit within the Finance team with a focus on accounting, consolidation and cash management. You will be part of the Finance team and we need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
What you'll be doing
• Key member of the team responsible for all aspects of the multi-entity department
• Management accounting, financial reporting and providing commercial and operational management information to support rapid global expansion.
• Oversight of the day-to-day running of finance
• Understanding each country's financial performance, risks and financial management.
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
• Assist in the tax and regulatory reporting requirements of local entities
• Assist in building a scalable and efficient global accounting and finance function
• Providing support during the annual audit process ensuring a timely and effective audit.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 5+ years’ experience in finance functions, preferably with experience within a financial service company within cross-functional and multi-national teams.
• Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent), trained in a reputable practice
• Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience within IFRS/FRS
• Strong experience of month end close, functional reporting and preparation of statutory account
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects.
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
• Good punctuality and time management skills
• Experience in accounting software migration (a plus)
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year