What we're up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 110,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
As General Manager - L.A., you will be one of the founding members on the ground. You’re a passionate self-starter, who will roll up your sleeves to impact how the property industry operates today. You will build and oversee the L.A. team and remain a key player for all things operations, including business development, landlord partnerships, marketing and sales. You thrive on hitting ambitious KPIs and dedicated to achieving top-line growth. You understand the importance of a strong team, surrounding yourself with dynamic, entrepreneurial, passionate people. You and your team will be dedicated to changing the face of retail both locally and globally.
What you'll be doing
- Run an entrepreneurial team by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives, at both the local and global level
- Work with HQ to guide and operationalize key strategic decisions for your region
- Define, model, and demonstrate the way we roll at Appear Here
- Manage the P&L and budget for your regional business and work directly with the Global Head of Finance on reporting and financial planning topics
- Create operational efficiencies across all your departments
- Develop strategic partnerships in L.A. alongside the Landlord team
- Manage the daily and longterm needs of the business
- Get your hands dirty and jumping into projects across all your departments to support when needed