Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
What you'll do
- Lead a team that fields and resolves support inquiries from our customer success team.
- Manage team and individual performance, providing regular reviews and guidance to the team.
- Ensure various operations teams are provided detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning.
- Champion and advocate for system / software improvements being the voice of the customer.
- Work directly with Luno product management and engineering to ensure that level 3 customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible (Release Alignment)
- Available outside of business hours to manage urgent issues
- Removing impediments or guiding the teams to remove impediments by finding the right solution
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work, including inter-team task coordination
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Ensuring at all times that initiatives and priorities align with the organisational objectives and key results (OKRs) in conjunction with the Operations Teams
What you’ll need
- The right person will have a track record of leading highly technical, analytical, and service delivery professionals.
- Strong customer focus and bias for action; and ability to work with remote teams.
- Experience in support management including hiring and structuring teams.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for enabling ITIL (ITSM)
- Solid knowledge of a ticketing tool such as JIRA a must (We use Phabricator which is similar)
- Basic knowledge of development technologies an advantage (Objective-C, Swift, Go)
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa, if you are not a South African citizen
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin
What you’ll get:
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about digital currencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. We provide great benefits including team lunches, cool equipment, global experience and the autonomy to conceive and execute your own projects. Best of all you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.