Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
We are looking for the best compliance/financial crimes professional in the industry. The successful applicant thrives in a fast-paced team environment, is passionate about innovation, and cares about customers. The individual will oversee compliance for the South East Asia region and report to the Head of Global Compliance. Occasional travel may be required.
What you’ll do
- Support Luno’s growth efforts as the key regulatory compliance liaison across South East Asia
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in SEA and communicate potential changes
- AML Subject Matter Expert for our SEA market, including but not limited to advice on regulations, directives, guidance notes, consultation drafts
- Maintain relationships with local authorities, regulatory bodies, and financial partners
- Act as the main point of contact for regulatory requests in the region (internal and external)
- Identify and investigate unusual/suspicious transaction activity
- Responsible for filing SARs and other regulatory reports
- Play a key role in the continuous development and monitoring of our AML programme
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews of customers in the SEA market
- Assist in planning, managing, testing, and liaising with Global Compliance Team
- Support external compliance audits/examination
What you’ll need
- Experience working with the FCA or other major regulatory bodies
- Previous MLRO/DMLRO experience
- Established relationships with local financial institutions highly desirable
- University degree from a top tertiary institution
- 6-8 years work experience
- Strong at report writing and documenting outcomes of investigations
- High proficiency in English
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- If not a citizen, a valid work permit to work in the region preferrable
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies will be advantageous
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.