Do you want to help us build the world’s best e-commerce technology platform?
About The Hut Group:
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business – In return we offer unprecedented career, leadership fast track opportunities and top of market compensation.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE ROLES WE ARE LOOKING TO FILL DURING OUR 2019 GRAD INTAKE:
Tech Marketing – Take on responsibility for our in-house eCRM platform and improve integration with marketing networks. You’ll be given the opportunity to pioneer exciting projects, like devising an AI chat bot.
Internal Apps – Join our team of full-stack developers to build internal tools. You’ll work closely with trading and marketing to gain a comprehensive understanding of technology requirements across the business.
Data Science – Learn to leverage the vast quantity of data produced by our customers to formulate key strategic decisions. Use our Big Data platform, built on Google’s Cloud services, to improve customer experience.
Web Platform – Focus on the core services of our websites, including the creation of robust enterprise level back-end systems. You can also take charge of long term projects, such as scaling our platform for global distribution and improving its resiliency.
Join The Hut Group as a Graduate Software Engineer and you will:
- Work on a variety of bleeding edge technologies including distributed computing, natural language, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Learn new skills and add value from day one
- Work on a wide variety of exciting and technically challenging projects
- Work with other bright individuals on complex problems that will help change the face of global online retail
- Be promoted in record time as we have a meritocratic ethos
- Be in a position to demonstrate your awareness of how different systems interact with each other
- Give your input on technical discussions and roadmaps
- Have the ability to priorities works accordingly
- Be able to give presentations to the rest of the team and external stakeholders